Today is Working Mom & Doodaddy’s third wedding anniversary. Our leather anniversary, it turns out.
Maybe it’s just because we live in San Francisco, but the first thing that comes to mind is assless leather chaps on a big ‘ombre in the Castro.
I’m apparently supposed to be getting WM a dozen red leather roses, or else that pillow that I just can’t look at without laughing. Can you imagine? Yeah, I’ll put that on the bed and look seductive. Wink, wink.
Well, to heck with that… I got her an iPhone instead, even though it’s not leather, and she’s happy with it.
They need to update the anniversary table, anyway. Here are some suggestions for a more modern set of anniversaries:
- First: The TV Remote Anniversary — it’s real love if you each get one!
- Second: The Power Tool Anniversary — it’s early in the marriage, still a good time to be aspirational about do-it-yourself projects.
- Third: The Hybrid Anniversary — as long as you’re getting a station wagon for those new car seats, why not get something that produces less greenhouse gas?
- Fourth: The Daycare Anniversary — screw presents. Just save the cash for the sitter.
- Fifth: The Major Appliance Anniversary — those warranties you got are expiring this year; better look into a new washer.
- Tenth: The Laptop Anniversary — the kids know how to play Dora on the household computer, time to get your own to take out to the garage.
Any other ideas?