Desperate for a Hair Ribbon

by doodaddy on April 29, 2009

Girl.

We’re at the hospital getting the Blueberry’s weekly casts. She’s been called a "cute boy" and a "big strong boy" and a "tough guy" already and now there’s a grandma coming down the hall who’s going to call her a boy, too, I can just tell.

Clearly, I don’t really care, because I dress her like this. But still… Isn’t that a girl’s face, I ask you?

tagged as in raising a girl,strangers ·

Lynnie April 29, 2009 at 2:48 pm

I once dressed my bald firstborn in a pink and white dress with a pink pig on the front of it. An older man cooed at her and said in a tender voice, “Now is this a little boy or a little girl?” I just thought of him as being refreshingly open-minded!

Lynnie April 29, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Oh and regardless of whether your daughter looks boyish or girlish, one thing is for sure–she’s pretty dang cute!

doodaddy April 29, 2009 at 2:51 pm

@Lynnie – Oh, yeah, gold star for that guy! Although I’m not sure why people care so much — it’s such a common first question. “How old?” is much more interesting to me personally…

denese April 29, 2009 at 5:38 pm

i say yes, looks like a girl’s face to me.

we got the same thing, made much more severe by the fact that we chose to be surprised by the baby’s sex and therefore had mostly yellow, green, orange, and brown clothes for the first few months. people. psh.

i appreciate your color equality! fight the pink & purple power!

doodaddy April 29, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Of course, we did that with Boo — we had hardly anything pink — but as soon as she was old enough to express a preference, she wanted all pink anyway. Sigh.

Super Mega Dad April 29, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I’ve had this problem as well with my little girl…long hair and all. Her entire wardrobe is now ALL pink with FLOWERS and PRINCESSES on them. No mistakes now. 🙂

doodaddy April 29, 2009 at 10:02 pm

@Super Mega Dad – I suppose that’s one nice thing about all the princess crap…

Veronica April 30, 2009 at 1:17 am

I had Amy dressed all in pink once, with a pink blanket as well and got a little old lady telling me what a beautiful boy she was. Sigh.

doodaddy April 30, 2009 at 1:20 am

@Veronica – Yeah, I know. I don’t even bother to correct, most of the time!

Bredbaand May 2, 2009 at 6:33 am

I think whats missing here is a “girly” touch such as earrings, hair accessory or maybe a a dress or a shirt with a girly design on it not to forget the color u must pick so that other wont get confused or ask weather if its a girl or a boy.

doodaddy May 2, 2009 at 6:36 am

@Bredbaand – I feel you. Then again — what’s so bad about confusing the world!