Sunday Confessional XXVII

by doodaddy on October 12, 2008

Boo just said, “I just went potty before naptime so you wouldn’t be mad at me again.”

Tell no one.

in confessions ·

Annie October 12, 2008 at 5:06 pm

In my vast (four years *snort*) experience of parenthood, potty training is hands down the most mind explodingly frustrating task I’ve had to endure.

My son (two) will be in diapers indefinitely as a result!

doodaddy October 12, 2008 at 5:19 pm

@Annie – The weird thing is that potty training for us was bizarrely easy. (After months of sleep issues we were expecting a struggle; it took maybe four hours, with occasional accidents for maybe a week.) The “mad” she was referring to was one when she climbed into her bed and peed on purpose for reasons unrelated to the potty — she was frustrated about having to take a nap.

GoaldeeBug October 12, 2008 at 6:42 pm

This reminds me of when MsEldest went missing in the supermarket and I was beside myself. I finally found her hiding behind a pallet of cereal. I took her arm and pulled her out and she started yelling “Don’t beat me! Don’t beat me!” at the top of her lungs.

What the…? I’d never laid a hand on her, but was sorely tempted at that point! LOL

THE single most embarrassing moment of my life!

orlund October 12, 2008 at 10:29 pm

I would have thought not having to sleep in a smelly bed would have been a good enough reason to go potty. Yikes I have a lot to learn about parenting.

Xbox4NappyRash October 12, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Oh what a wonderful image of veiled threats that conjures up

doodaddy October 14, 2008 at 12:08 am

@orlund – OK, you define potty the way I used to — as “number 2.” (Wait, now — this blog has an adult rating already, let’s just say “crap.”)

But I’ve been schooled that in the kid world these days, “potty” is “the bathroom” — “poop” is crap and “pee” is, well, pee.

Potty be not poop.

doodaddy October 14, 2008 at 12:09 am

@Xbox4NappyRash – I know. Just wait until she discovers what power she has.