Style Tip 10: Pink and Brown

by doodaddy on July 21, 2008

Despite appearances, I’m not against pink or nail polish or girly stuff generally. I just hope Boobaby never gets past the time when pink nails are best set off by really muddy fingers.

20080716-145
The most beautiful hands.

Still, gender identity is taking me by surprise. I thought that “being a girl” was for all the other kids.

It turns out it’s not, and I couldn’t be prouder.

tagged as in clothing,pride,raising a girl ·

sam July 21, 2008 at 11:45 am

No offense to you, but I MUCH prefer THESE pink nails. LOL!!

Boobaby is so adorable, she makes me want a girl even more every time I see her picture.

Xbox4NappyRash July 21, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Well then, nature or nurture?

Ophelia Rising July 21, 2008 at 6:20 pm

You are an amazing father. Seriously. She is a lucky girl.

Michele Shores July 22, 2008 at 8:35 am

My daughters do love to wear dresses and stuff but they also love to play with cars and trucks. I think by some standards it is acceptable for girls to be dirty and to play with more male things than boys to play with dolls or dress up. Interesting huh?

Devon July 22, 2008 at 9:58 am

I have a photo of myself at Christmas when I was four. I was in my Cinderella dress complete with high heels and tiara…sitting on a dumptruck!!!

My grandmothers favorite picture of me and my cousins who are all boys…is the one of me sitting the mud puddle with the biggest smile on my face and the boys are all crisp and clean.

Although now, while I still like to play in the dirt, I have different ways of doing it, I love to work on the pottery wheel and to mold clay (which is clean dirt according to a favorite professor).

So no, she may not grow out of it…but maybe she will just redirect it.

Gorgeous photo!!

Debbie July 22, 2008 at 9:59 am

Now THAT is cute!!!!!! Love it!

Dawn July 30, 2008 at 6:53 pm

Yeah, that manicure rocks. I currently have “amythyst” colored nails – they rawk too.