Bad Kid? Send him to boot camp.

by doodaddy on July 14, 2008

Life is truly a play. No — make that a soap opera.

Overheard at the playground today, a mom to her 5-year old son who was reluctant to leave:

Mom: “Remember what I told you about your friend Matthew, and where they sent him this summer?”
Son (sulkily): ” Yeah.”
Mom: “Well that’s what we’re going to do with you next year.”
Son (panicked): “No!”
Mom: “Then get into the car right now.”

Where do you “send” a five-year old, anyway?

in behavior,oddparents ·

Dan July 14, 2008 at 10:33 pm

I’m going to have to remember that one

Xbox4NappyRash July 15, 2008 at 11:00 am

Depends on the weight, UPS rates are a real pain nowadays.

doodaddy July 16, 2008 at 12:47 am

Add it to the “ways to be cruel” compendium…

doodaddy July 16, 2008 at 12:47 am

You could ship freight…

Debbie July 18, 2008 at 9:00 am

My ex once threatened to send my three year old to boarding school!!!!!
Her older sister went to school the next day (where I once taught!) crying and I got a call from my friend, Sena, the social worker. Talk about an embarrassing moment!
We sent him away – not her! 🙂

Jd Webb October 11, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Hey, summer camp can be scary. 🙂

doodaddy October 12, 2008 at 5:22 pm

@Jd Webb – Aw, I always wanted to go to one of those camps like in “Parent Trap” — sleep away, sneak out of cabins at night, TP the counselors’ cars — it sounded idyllic!

But that’s just me…

Charly December 20, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Lol, that’s mean, but effective!

Steve May 25, 2009 at 7:45 am

Son (sulkily): ” Yeah.”
Mom: “Well that’s what we’re going to do with you next year.”
Son (panicked): “No!”
Mom: “Then get into the car right now.”

LOL yeah right. That only works the first few times then your kid figures it out after you told him/her the same thing about 10 times. Kids (at any age) are not stupid. if you threaten them with the same thing over and over again, they learn that if you were going to do it..you would have done it BY NOW.

then your S.O.L ( if you don’t know what that means ask your dad)

Kids need to learn proper discipline and respect.
If you HAVE to threaten your five year old in such a harsh manner, what are you going to do when they grow up to be rebelious teens ?

Even little kids need to be talked to, and not talked “at”

explain WHY he needs to do what you are asking him to do.
explain to him that even though he would like to stay, mommy (daddy, grampa, nanny) has things that they need to do. Treat your kid like a human being. would you talk to a co worker in such a manner? would you talk to your husband like that ? or your own mother? NO so just because children are small doesn’t mean they require less respect.

find out how to teach your kid to be polite, respectful, diciplined
It may now mean much to you now, but uh…who do you think will be taking care of you when you get old? would you like to have your children talk to you like that when your 60+ ?

Karma is a bitch..and it bites!

my 2¢

kim December 6, 2010 at 3:52 pm

my name is kim imma single mom of 3 my oldestis tristan and it doesnt matter what i do to him nothing works ive tryed takin everything away makin him stay in bed everything i need help please