Down by the Riverside

by doodaddy on April 8, 2008

So who’re you, O person on the U.C. Riverside campus, who’s read 400 pages of my blog today? You must be really bored in class!

Just curious. Feel free to keep lurking if you like… but if you’re moved to reveal yourself, now’s the time!

By the way, today’s my half birthday. Hap Birt T M!

in Blog ·

Stephen April 9, 2008 at 8:11 am

Half birthday? How does that work?

doodaddy April 9, 2008 at 8:15 am

Aw, c’mon, I’m sure you can figure it out! Six months after your birthday. Or before your birthday. I celebrate most of the major fractions, in fact: 5/12ths birthday, 3/4 birthday, etc…

Kelly April 9, 2008 at 8:28 am

I know! I KNOW! I am REALLY bored. But also a woman whose heart is set on becoming a stay at home mom…. Only problem is, I am about two years away from having kids! So I like to live vicariously through other blogging parents. And ironically, my husband and I were having an intense discussion on the importance of two parent households, as opposed to single parenting. I was so moved to read your well articulated perceptions and thoughts on being a SAHD. If you don’t mind…. I think I will finish catching up on your journey! =)

Jessica April 9, 2008 at 8:57 am

Happy Happy Half Birthday a Half day too late.

mom, again July 11, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Since my daughter’s birthday was in the middle of summer, when all her friends were on vacation/at their dad’s house/visiting grandma and all attempts at birthday parties were a waste of time, we had half-birthday parties for her in February. Not every year, but at least twice.

doodaddy July 14, 2008 at 11:08 am

I was an aide for a teacher who did in-class unbirthday celebrations for all the students who had summer birthdays — it worked out great!