This one’s no joke.

by doodaddy on April 1, 2008

Untitled-1
My new glasses.

We’re pregnant. We just found out. Probably seven weeks along.

Cautiously ecstatic, of course, but think — in the past seven weeks, Working Mom’s had wine a few times, oh, and don’t forget that appendectomy by the way, and therefore morphine, an abdominal CT scan, general anesthesia. Yike.

Blastocysts are tough, right? But still… nerve-fucking-racking.

I know you’re not supposed to talk about these things in the first trimester, but sorry, you know. I need you along for the ride.

Oh, and despite this morning’s fun, no, I’m not kidding.

in fears,pregnancy for dads,the future ·

Jerseygirl89 April 1, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Congratulations! And I think if the blueberry (I believe that’s the technical term for 7 weeks) is determined, they can be pretty tough. With my second – because I was breastfeeding, had no symptons, etc. I didn’t know for a very long time. I drank, took antibiotics and allergy meds, all sorts of bad things. He’s a robust little two year old now.

Violet April 1, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Wow! Congratulations! I’ll keep everything crossed for the probation period (is that a term that only I use?) passes quickly and that all continues to go well! Yippee!

The Other Dawn April 1, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Ow OWWWWW! That is awesome. Way to bat one home, brotha. And don’t sweat that wine. My mom could still drink sailors under the table at 8 mos along, smoked like a chimney, etc. And I only twitch when I’m awake.

mrs. chicken April 1, 2008 at 6:51 pm

WOW! Yay! Guess you don’t need the results of those, er, tests.

And I’m sure the wee little bit is just fine. They are tough – otherwise, how would the human race have survived so far?

Congrats to you both, all three of you. Wonderful news!

cryitout April 1, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Great news! Congratulations! I can’t wait to follow to adventures of the Doo-fetus. (Or is it Boo-fetus?) Way to go!

Dr. Leah - Transformation Revolution April 1, 2008 at 8:16 pm

My thoughts were with Mrs. Chicken – your abused dignity, and now – not so necessary to be so abused…

Congratulations!

I know plenty of folks with wonderfully healthy, bright children who have had some sort of medical procedure and/or a night or two of pure debauchery prior to learning they were pregnant. We’ll just trust that all is completely well.

Congratulations to you all!

I remember showing my oldest the test stick when I learned I was pregnant with second daughter. Oldest was 13 months old, so it was a fair bet that she didn’t understand. But I wanted her to be part of it.

So – I appreciate you showing us y’all’s stick!

Leah

sugarplumsmom April 1, 2008 at 8:35 pm

WOO!!! Congratulations!!

Thom April 1, 2008 at 8:40 pm

A big and hearty congrats to you both. BooSquiggle is already so lucky to have you and Working Mom for parents!

Rattling the Kettle April 1, 2008 at 9:07 pm

I guess that makes the results of your tests rather moot…

Friend of ours had an “accidental” pregnancy, during the first 13 weeks of which she drank, smoked, and continued taking birth control pills (obviously, she must have missed a day…). Baby turned out perfect.

I’m hoping we’re about 12 hours pregnant.

Dave April 1, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Congrats Doodaddy and to the rest of the Doofamily! I’m sure the little one is tougher than you or I will ever be.

Xbox4NappyRash April 1, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Congratulations.

Annie April 2, 2008 at 5:15 am

Congratulations! We all know how spine tinglingly exciting it is to see that second line come up – I can only imagine it to be more so when you’ve waited a while for it.

Best wishes to your wife for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Loth April 2, 2008 at 9:39 am

Congratulations! And just to throw my tuppence worth in, my good friend didn’t know she was pregnant until she went into labour (yes, one of THOSE stories!). Six weeks before she gave birth she was drinking and dancing all night in a club in Ibiza and she had been behaving like that pretty much all through the pregnancy. Louise was born perfectly healthy and is now 22 and at University!

Scott April 2, 2008 at 10:09 am

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!!! I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that recent events have caused no problems…and for a great pregnancy and birth.

And I cant believe you are holding the part she peed on!! LOL

Dan April 2, 2008 at 10:29 am

Hurrah! Congratulations!

Jessica April 2, 2008 at 1:51 pm

OMG I can’t believe I missed this one. Yesterday was so crazy I didn’t get to read any blogs.

Congrats. I guess my February prediction is off.

Try not to worry. Everything I’ve read will tell you not to worry. Just start taking care now and the baby will be fine.

Yeah! Prayers for a smooth pregnancy. :)

Elaine April 2, 2008 at 4:47 pm

Congrats! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!

doodaddy April 2, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Pregnancy test has now been confirmed, so we’re on our way — early, to be sure, but we’re getting there!

Just Powers April 2, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Congratulations!! Great news! Fingers crossed for a healthy happy pregnancy.

Debbie April 2, 2008 at 7:36 pm

So the doctor couldn’t figure this out LAST WEEK?!?!?! Much congrats to the clan. And, don’t worry about the “stuff” that’s happened and been ingested. BooBaby2 didn’t even implant until week 2 and if we all knew we were pregnant at the get go….we would all do things differently much earlier!
Mother of four healthy kids who’ve seen it ALL!!!!!!
Happy news DooDad!

Helen April 3, 2008 at 8:45 am

Congratulations!!

Ophelia Rising April 3, 2008 at 5:04 pm

WOW! Just read this!! (Sorry, I’ve been out of things for awhile…) Congratulations! I’m so happy and excited for you and your family. YAY Boo Baby Two!!!! :)

Stephen April 12, 2008 at 9:19 am

Yay, congrats! Looking forward to pictures of TWO cute little ones!