Visions of Concussions

by doodaddy on February 21, 2008

I had exactly one successful parenting moment today: discovering that I can easily rinse Boobaby’s hair (usually a pain and a half) by holding her upside down and swishing her head through the tub water.

I know: sooooo dangerous. But she loves it (unlike every other rinsing technique), and besides, I’m having one of those "whatever works" days.

in exhaustion,stay-at-home dad ·

Xbox4NappyRash February 21, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Pleeeeeeeze tell me your next chore is mopping the kitchen floor…

Annie February 21, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Thank you for sharing your Best Practice :) I’ll have to remember this one!

the egel nest February 21, 2008 at 9:22 pm

That is one of those ideas that sounds effective and fun to me…but would make my wife convulse with fear :)

Bradley
The Egel Nest

doodaddy February 21, 2008 at 10:31 pm

I have to say — that’s part of why I did it. She needs to toughen up!

My wife, that is. You should have seen her face when she walked in on me teaching Boo about my Leatherman! And she hammers nails with me all the time.

Scott February 22, 2008 at 6:09 am

LOL!!! What a great idea!! You are BRILLIANT!! I may have to try this with RenĂ©…even though she is 39 years old. Just sounds like fun!

the other dawn February 22, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Heh heh. You gave Boobaby a SWIRLY. That’s classic. And mighty tempting. If only Noise’s hair wasn’t so SHORT.

doodaddy February 22, 2008 at 12:07 pm

There’s a *word* for it? Where does it come from? It sounds like a horrible hazing ritual or something… you’re not a frat boy, though?

Momma Bum February 22, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Now that is a technique that I haven’t thought of. Lil’ Bum used to fight like crazy to have her hair washed, but now she is a bit better. I tell her to look up high and we rinse. She has made a big change as far as hair goes these last couple of weeks. We actually cut her hair shoulder length because she is so tender headed but her inner priss is coming out and she is starting to ask for her hair to be fixed. It is still pretty one sided though, if I want to fix her hair she mostly screams but if she wants it fixed she is quiet as a mouse.

Ophelia Rising February 22, 2008 at 8:52 pm

That is a TERRIFIC idea. I love it. I must try it. It sure beats the old soap-and/or-water-in-the-eyes, crying-until-I-have-a-towel ritual that we go through every time the rinse phase comes around.