Something Blue

by doodaddy on February 15, 2008

20070508-002

Marriage inequality is sucky.
It makes me blue.

Here’s my final post in honor of Freedom to Marry week (details here), in which I give you something blue. Oddly, I sort of like photos of Boobaby crying. Maybe that’s because it just doesn’t happen all too often — she’s a pretty happy baby, I guess — and maybe because she’s learned to fake a smile, but the crying pictures retain some authenticity. Beats me.

Just in case you were looking uplift as we head into the weekend, here’s something more weddingly blue for ya:

20070701-002

See, happy baby! In blue!

Thanks again to The Other Mother for starting the Some/Thing carnival for marriage rights equality and to Lesbian Dad for telling me about it. You should totally read their (way better than mine) blogs.

in crying,Freedom to Marry Week ·

David, Amber and B February 15, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Yeah, I totally get the kind of liking the crying pictures thing. Something does seem more honest about it, especially in those first months when all parents post pictures of angelic looking babies, when everyone knows to seconds later, they were screaming.

Xbox4NappyRash February 16, 2008 at 2:46 am

That 2nd photo, if she was standing just an ever so teenie weenie bit out of the shadow it would be be award winning.

Wonderful capture.

doodaddy February 16, 2008 at 4:28 am

Hey, thanks! Photoshop, here I come! Now, where’s the “shadow” button…

Rattling the Kettle February 16, 2008 at 9:13 am

As a lawyer, I’ve been very disappointed that the expanding availability of gay marriage has not led to a treasure trove of caselaw in the field of gay divorce. Which, of course, would lead to the premier of Gay Divorce Court on Bravo, which would be all sorts of fun to watch.

doodaddy February 16, 2008 at 12:30 pm

Just as fun as the original, you mean? 🙂

To each his own!

Ophelia Rising February 17, 2008 at 8:13 pm

Also, that she is SO CUTE when she is crying! Maybe that’s it.

Good of you to acknowledge the Freedom to Marry week. Maybe someday our world will be civilized and fair. Until then, here’s hoping.

May all people have freedom of choice to love whom they love, wholeheartedly.

doodaddy February 17, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Maybe so. Lots of maybes these days, aren’t there?