I’ve been procrastinating for a week. Here, look at this cute picture.

by doodaddy on January 29, 2008

Dancing

I’m playing around with the fancy flash settings on my camera, so you can either call this dancing shot "cool" or "crappy" — take your pick.

I have a real live writing gig for the first time in years. By "real" and "live" I mean to say that words I produce are going to be printed on actual paper using actual ink 190,000 times. (I’d be having a "Save Me Jeebus!" moment except I know my mother will be collecting most of the copies.)

Anyway, all that will only happen if I get my butt back into my chair and finish writing the darn thing. (I actually used exercise to procrastinate today.) So, in lieu of telling you all about my lovely lunch with Park Buddy today, I’m just going to show you this cute picture of Boobaby dancing.

See you on the other side!

in fears,goals,pride ·

jessicab January 30, 2008 at 6:58 am

Congrats on the gig!

Whoa, I have never used exercise to procrastinate.

Aimee Greeblemonkey January 30, 2008 at 7:54 am

I love the photo – it’s ghostly!

And congrats on the gig!

rookiemom January 30, 2008 at 9:44 am

Yea, cute but ghostly is my vote. You could probably post this on youtube titled “OMG lookit the ghost behind my daughter!!!!” and get about a million hits.

Blog publicity? I think so.

And congrats on the gig!

Avery January 30, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Writing for a living? What a novel concept!

(Ha! Get it? No? Okay.)

Congratulations. I’m positively green with envy. And possibly a fungus. But mostly envy.

Avery January 30, 2008 at 6:36 pm

Oh, and I love the photo, too! Very artsy!

doodaddy January 30, 2008 at 10:12 pm

Aw, thanks. Let’s hope it pans out! I submitted today — it was a solicited article, so I don’t expect the editor’ll turn it down, but I always get really nervous at this point…

Plus “our” period is late so I’m nervous about that, too.

Sigh.

Dd.

P.S. Good luck with the fungus. Let me know how it turns out.

P.P.S. It’s hardly “writing for a living.” More like “making a little bit of scratch so I don’t feel so freakin’ emasculated when I ask if it’s OK for me to buy a dozen doughnuts.”