Mandate our next Man-Date!

by doodaddy on September 10, 2007

Owing to travel, illness, and just general “life is busy” stuff, Cry it Out Mike and I haven’t gone out on one of our Man-Dates for a while. (If you’re just tuning in, we go out about once a week because my wife sometimes kicks me out of the house so she can have a night at home with only one baby.)

Mike and I have been pretty creative with our man-dates so far.

Oddly enough, we’re not really bar people. (No, seriously.) Anyway, we’re hoping you’ll help us come up with a better idea for our next masculine excursion (sorry, my thesaurus has nothing for “man-date”), sometime this week.

Here’s what we’ve come up with… vote for your favorite or comment us a new one! (The best idea we get will be awarded a matchbook from the bar we end up at. Oh, wait… I didn’t mean that…)

[poll=2]

tagged as in goofiness,man date ·

Erica September 10, 2007 at 6:43 pm

Go to a cafe type place with a deck of cards. 😛 My friend and I go to a cafe at lunch time that is frequented by “blue hairs” and play a game of cribbage. We’re probably the only ones that go there who don’t collect social security and we’re probably the only people under the age of 60 that know how to play cribbage and count the cards without a computer to do it for us. – I know I’ve made the idea sound oh so appealing. 😛

Sounds pretty good to me! Penny a point? –Dd.

Justpowers September 10, 2007 at 8:43 pm

I voted for “Superbad” but now I think it is only because I haven’t been to a movie theater in months and months and months and for a second there I forgot I was voting for your next outing and not mine…Have a good time whatever you do!

I sort of have my heart set on the mani-pedi, but I guess it’s not manly enough… :), Dd.

LifeAsIKnowIt September 11, 2007 at 5:50 am

Why mess with a good thing? I’m thinking the bar dates are working for you…
I guess you could always see a movie, and then hit a bar?

Oh, you know, we were just worried about sullying our reputations!

Xbox4NappyRash September 11, 2007 at 11:39 am

Live music, anywhere, any sort.

It lifts the spirits does a spot of foot tapping.

But I’m voting pool hall anyway in the hope of an entry about some dodgy sanfran ‘escape by the seat of your chaps’ tale…

Hmmm… you may be remembering the dodgy San Francisco of Rudyard Kipling; we’ve actually cleaned it up a bit since the gold rush days!

“Seat of our chaps”? Does that mean the same thing in the U.K. as in S.F.? (See also: “leather buttock-baring pants”)

:),

Dd.

Ann Marie September 12, 2007 at 5:07 am

I can except anything but the mani-pedi.. the thought is horrifying to me.
Anyway.. I think you are doing good with the bar scene.. it gives you guys time to sit back and sigh drink a cold one and GASP talk

Are mani-pedis generally horrifying to you, or just thought of two manly men like us getting one? :), Dd.

Bryan September 13, 2007 at 8:18 am

This is just an idea mind you, but how about http://drinkingliberally.org/

Not sure what it is like out in your area, (and I haven’t even been to the one here, but I keep up on the blog) but it seems like a good idea to me. Some alcohol, some civic responsibility, what could be a better mix? It worked for Edgar Allen Poe! (Up until his death, that is.) I’m not saying go out and start a door to door voter registration, but it’s always good to keep up on what our nation is doing.

Hmm… I may forward this on to Mike to see what he thinks. Thanks! P.S. What makes you think I’m liberal? :) –Dd.

Manda September 13, 2007 at 10:44 am

I hate bars, but that’s just me. Pack yourself a supersize cooler full of ice (remember layers, beer, ice, beer, ice… – grab some munchies and go build yourself a beastly campfire somewhere. Don’t forget those comfy loungechairs (Beer holder Required) and have fun! Bawha. That’s what **I** would do at least. Have fun!

Oddly enough, I hate bars, too… that’s what’s so weird about this whole man-date scenario. I’m not really the type! (I’ve actually never really had a male friend before, so there you go… I’m just figuring things out!) — Dd.

PJ September 14, 2007 at 7:38 am

I voted for pool hall, but the other option is to do some Man Project: build something, fix something, etc.

Sounds more expensive, though… at least, if you count the repairs to whatever it was I was trying to fix! –Dd.