The soap gods have it in for me, I guess

by doodaddy on May 12, 2007

Remember how pissed I got that we had seventy-four packs of soap — hotel soaps, fancy gift soaps, special cleansing soaps — in our medicine cabinet/linen closet? So pissed that I a) counted them, b) blogged about it, and c) chucked out as many as we wouldn’t be able to use in a couple of months?

Well, we received a package Friday from drugstore.com (I hate shopping in stores), and guess what they felt compelled to send along?

A freakin’ gift bag containing seven samples of Tom’s of Maine natural soap.

The picture above is of our soap collection after I whittled it down. I kept two of the samples.

Back I go, just barely keeping my head above water. Soapy, soapy water.

Would anyone like some soap? Can you donate soap to Goodwill or a shelter?

in housework,whining ·

Ann Marie May 12, 2007 at 6:40 am

Soap??? You have it in for SOAP?? That is interesting to say the least.

doodaddy May 12, 2007 at 7:51 am

What, you’re saying I should pick my battles?

Sigh.

You’re probably right. 🙂

Mitch McDad May 12, 2007 at 8:23 am

You guys must be really clean. I’d sell them all on ebay.

HomeGrownLife May 12, 2007 at 7:00 pm

I am laughing out loud as I look at your photo of all that soap! My “Nana” has a soap collection and some of the stuff is 30 years old and dusty! The sad thing is that this dear woman still thinks it’s “good soap” (and I of course agree with her). My children have even noticed that there is more than the normal amount of soap in their “GrandNana’s” bathroom!!!

doodaddy May 16, 2007 at 12:47 am

Yeah, you should have seen it beforehand! Sooo much soap, including, I was horrified to learn, some that was from hotels my wife had stayed at with her OLD BOYFRIEND!

Sheesh. A job long overdue, I guess!

Jenny November 4, 2008 at 3:26 pm

You could donate them to a local food bank. I’m sure they’d be delighted to take them off your hands. They take all sorts of things – soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, baby formula, the like.

doodaddy November 5, 2008 at 4:28 pm

@Jenny – That’s more or less what we ended up doing — we have a local homeless shelter that took ’em!