Things not to say when you come home an hour and a half late from work to Doodaddy who’s been dealing with erupting molars, doing taxes, and cleaning avocado out of the carpet all day

by doodaddy on March 19, 2007

“Hey, honey, you put her dress on backwards this morning.”

I like it better that way, dear.

“What’s for dinner?”

Anything that comes in little take-out cartons.

“Please don’t hang the clothes I leave out on the bed.”

You’d prefer incineration, maybe?

Sorry for the rant, all. Long day.

in Challenges,whining ·

Blog Antagonist March 20, 2007 at 3:30 am

Oh boy. I hear you. Loud and clear. It’s sort of surreal to hear a man complaining about those kinds of things. But in a good way. :?)

doodaddy March 20, 2007 at 8:36 am

@Antagonist~ Must be the ugly side of being in touch with my feelings! Seriously, though… much better this morning. Much better last night, even, after glass of wine and ten minutes alone to do crossword puzzle.

It’s always the little things…

Dd.

aimee/greeblemonkey March 20, 2007 at 11:04 am

I wish I’d had this little cheat sheet two years ago. Hmm.

doodaddy March 20, 2007 at 12:41 pm

@aimee~ Don’t take it too much to heart. I think we all complain a little about our partners in the heat of the moment, right? Usually it’s to our drinking buddies down at the pub, but, as previously mentioned, I don’t have any of those. So it’s all anon-o-blogging for me!

Working Mom is fantastic, no two ways about it. I’m super lucky.

Ta,

Dd.

Jim Mc November 17, 2008 at 12:39 pm

It’s a no win situation when you come home sometimes.

I work full-time and my wife, God bless her, is home with the three kids all day. I know how difficult it is for her from 3-6 pm, homework to do, dinner to prepare, get the kids ready for practice, etc.

I come home from a 10 hour work day, plus an hour commute each way, so I’m guessing I’m not a joy to behold most times when I arrive. The key is to help each other out and trying to stay positive.

It seems like every day is a battle, but when all is said and done, it usually ends up just fine.

Hang in there, this is the reason alcohol was invented…

doodaddy November 20, 2008 at 5:51 pm

@Jim Mc – Things get easier, though, right?

Right?